Saint Petersburg Hotel
Planning your vacation to Saint Petersburg, Florida, was probably quite exciting. It was probably even more exciting when you finally got to town. Days of sun, sand and ocean awaited you. All you needed to do was check in to your hotel and then the good times could begin.
Unfortunately, if you’ve encountered bed bugs in Saint Petersburg hotels, chances are you didn’t have as much fun as you wanted. If you were bitten the first night, you may have had to go home right away. Or, you may not have known about the bed bugs until they came home with you. Either way, your vacation leads to a nightmare.
If you think that the Saint Petersburg hotel was responsible for your bed bugs, it is important that you talk to an attorney. A bed bug lawyer can help you determine what your legal options are. Please contact our firm to discuss your bed bugs in Saint Petersburg hotel injuries.
How To Handle A Potential Bed Bugs In Saint Petersburg Hotels Case
- Gather evidence. When you gather evidence, you make it easier for your lawyer to prove your case. You can use your phone’s camera to take pictures of anything related to the attack. Some of the things you can take pictures of include:
- Bed bugs. If you find bed bugs in the hotel room, take pictures of them. You can often find them in the seams of the mattress. You can also find them behind the headboard and on the bed frame.
- Bed bug waste. The bed bugs live off of the blood they drink. Once they have digested the blood, they will leave behind rust-colored specks of waste. If you rub a speck between your fingers, it will often smear into old blood.
- Your injuries. The bites on your body are also evidence. Take photos of them as soon as possible. Continue to take photos over the days that follow to track the progression of the injuries.
2. Talk to other hotel guests.
Bed bugs are small and can inhabit furniture
Chances are that you are not the only guest with bed bugs. These pests like to spread from room to room. They may be in the rooms next to you. They may be in the rooms above or below your floor. The only way to know is to go talk to the people staying in those rooms. The guests you talk to may have been bitten already. Or, they may look at their beds and find bed bugs that have not attacked yet.
If you do find other guests who have bed bugs, be sure to get their contact information. Then, your attorney will be able to get in touch with them.
3. Speak to a bed bug lawyer.
You may be aware of the fact that some people try to pursue legal action without a lawyer. While it is possible to file a case and pursue it on your own, it is not recommended. Taking legal action without an attorney greatly decreases your chance of success. It also means you will need to do all the work yourself.
Pursuing a lawsuit is tough. It requires training and time to do it well. You also have to consider that the hotel is going to hire an attorney. The hotel wants to avoid paying out lots of money. The owner and management know that using an attorney makes it more likely that they will win.
Fortunately, a bed bug lawyer does not cost you anything unless you win your case. If you win, then the attorney’s fee will come out of the money awarded by the court.
Helping You Win Your Case
You do not have to go it alone. Our bed bug law team is here to help you win your Saint Petersburg bed bug hotel case. Please contact us to learn more.